Saturday, September 13, 2003

I read this posted on the modern churches door the other day...

Points of Revolution
> hierarchical leadership
> pulpit/pew Sunday only large meetings
> cold-call revivalist evangelism
> quick-fix altar ministry
> full-time professional pastorate
> programmed, departmentalized "ministry"
> tight, dogmatic faith statements
> extra-biblical life rules
> local ecclesiastical isolationism
> "the church" programmatically trying to spiritually form children

In response I wrote something to post on the door of someones house...

Points of the counter re.volution
> Laissez-Faire leadership
> Couch & Lounge when's the meeting, I don't know…did we start yet? Meetings.
> Fuzzy births, I'm not quite sure when I was born…
> Kick me in the head, stop going on and on, prayer requests…blah, blah, blah.
> Self-righteous, prideful, independent, Starbucks ministers…
> Vague, who do you call, where do they live, is there anybody out there ministry.
> Broad, all-inclusive, Oprahish, all roads lead up, whatever suits ya dude…faith.
> Pass the hookah bruth-a…lifestyles.
> Internet based families…nothing but net baby!
> Hey am I my brother's keeper…not my responsibility mindsets.
> Light some incense and a candle man, I'm feeling quasi-spiritual tonight!
> All we need is to hug…come on brothers hug…pass the "com" "unity" idol.

In my humble opinion:<
  It's not about who, when, where or how…
  The church is a people and they can gather in doors or out.
  God calls men and women to feed His sheep, get over it.
  People suck, that's the fact, whether they are sitting in a pew or on a couch.
  Men love to be important, whether they are wearing a white collar or a hemp shirt.
  Church life is sometimes boring…it makes the other times exciting.
  Most of our pain comes from people who just can't stay put in life…
  There's nothing holy about place, its people.
  Love is all we need…and it can happen in the most unlikely places.
  You need Saul; they create David.
  God can be found; by those who are searching.
  Child like faith is simple.
  Young men are not the best leaders…they need to grow up first.
  Young leaders need to be broken of their idealism to birth realism, which leads to wisdom.

All in fun folks...just thought I would skip a stone from the otherside of the pond...

No comments: