Monday, September 01, 2003

"The objection to fairy stories is that they tell children there are dragons. But children have always known there are dragons. Fairy stories tell children that dragons can be killed." -G.K. Chesterton

This has been a theme running through out my current spiritual consciousness of late. I have been returning to childhood. Visiting long lost friends that helped me through difficult times. When I first entered the way, I met a lot of legalists who instructed me in their own words or through their actions; that these previous companions were no longer adequate guides for the path ahead. I have found that to be untrue, in fact it was these heros that prepared me for the journey ahead as well as carried me through dark valleys
.

"I am concerned with a certain way of looking at life, which was created in me by fairy tales, but has since been ratified by the mere facts." -G.K. Chesterton

1 comment:

Mel said...

Wow! In August 2003 you posted 14 posts. In September you posted 64! You must have been on fire.