Thursday, September 11, 2003

Idealism, revelation and dust lattes

So much of what I read on pomo sites reminds me of:

Moses coming down from the mount.
Tablets in hand, face blazing, heart exploding from head above water revelation.
His soul gasping fresh air for the first time...

Then he encounters the people...

A few minutes later:

He's standing in revelation rubble.
He's cramming idol gravel lattes down peoples throats.
Giving local leadership an ass whipping.
Grabbing his sword and ready to spill blood...

A bad dusk to a good dawn.

Where is the reality of John 4:21-24?

It tires me...

I am sure it's sincere
but I often feel like I have been given a mouthful of gravel
instead of ravens meat.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Excellent quotes, I've captured almost all of them into a word document called "Crowbar Massage."

Regarding this post... What is a "pomo" site?