Sunday, October 09, 2005

song of the tree...

Small things are welcome here.

Find your rest, build your nest and end your quest,

for small things are welcome here.

 

For I was small too, least among the many.

I know that between beginnings and ending…is being,

That what must grow up, must first grow down.

That greatness is born in perceived insignificance and randomness.

That a tree begins in the palm of another’s hand.

 

Come to arms extended, there is room for all.

 

Not one of you that falls to the ground, escaped my notice.

I see, I hear, I feel, I know…for I have fallen too.

 

I too had no place to lay my head…so come.

 

Let me envelope you, shelter you and shadow you.

Live in me, among me and within me.

Build in me, use me and rearrange me.

 

Become in me a symphony.

Let your song echo out of my boughs.

Chasing away night and awakening the dawn.

Let your little voices lullaby the day too.

 

Come, sparrows, come…I was small too.

 

10.9.05

No comments: