Sunday, May 07, 2006

The hidden blessing...

I delivered the poor who cried for help, and the orphan who had no
helper. The blessing of the one ready to perish came upon me, and I
made the widow's heart sing for joy. -Job 29:12-13

I awoke this morning with a burmese pastor on my heart; his lot in
life, his trials, his suffering, his burnt church. His make shift
home in the jungle that was destroyed in the rain by a tree, right
after he had finished it for his drenched family.

As I stand on the verge of a new church community forming, new
ministry opportunities emerging and holding a worship gathering in
our new facility...I couldn't help but be broken by the abundance of
my moment in light of the lack of his. I wept tears of longing to
some how be a church that identifies, joins, carries and learns from
and is blessed enough to receive the blessing of the one ready to
perish.

There is a hidden blessing waiting to be bestowed on those who will
go to the places where it is hidden. Sometimes is comes to us but
most often you have to search for it because God loves to disguise it
in unlikely places.

Those who are given much are required much...I feel that I have been
given much and the weight of that blessing is tangibly present this
quiet morning.

I long to hear the words of Jesus in the voices of my humble yet
great brothers and sisters:
Well done, my good and faithful servant.

I pray for you my Burmese brother...my boot shall break the jaws of
the wicked. (Job 29:17)

No comments: