Monday, May 29, 2006

A star in my hand...

Last year at our BLAZE youth conference, I had a prophetic word about 7 churches being born out of that conference. There were seven crystals on the art piece that was near the stage. I challenged people to come and take one of the crystals as a symbol of the church to be born. I did not take one, though I knew that some day we would pastor a church or plant a church.

We have planted a church this year even though at that time we didn't know we would be a part of the fulfillment of that word. As we approached BLAZE I thought about that word. I even thought about trying to find another crystal in my left over BLAZE stuff from last year. In fact I did think that thought the very morning of the last day of BLAZE on Sat, but I ended up not looking for it...just thinking about it.

I wore the same jacket all weekend at BLAZE and during the conference, I must of put my hands in my pockets numerous times, they were empty until the very end of the conference when I put on my jacket to leave.

I reached in my pocket and there inside was this crystal.
It was not there before.

I was stunned.

So much has been said and done in this last season of transition. So many "words" that have been said to me, around me and behind me. Many times I have had to wrestle through the thoughts, the feelings and the discouragement in the midst of the excitement and faith of following the dream.

I have poured my life, energy, dreams, passions, reputation, gifts and money into this youth conference over the last 6 conferences. I was dead tired at the end of the meeting Saturday night and though very satisfied and thankful, there was a bitter sweet emotion at the end of it all. Would there be another BLAZE? What did God think about all this drama? Was all the labor worth it? Was God pleased?

So many lives were obviously powerfully touched at the conference this year. Salvation's, healing, restoration, empowerment, deliverance and many more testimonies. But what about my life God?

I needed to hear from Him and He knew that. Whoever put that crystal in my pocket had no idea the confirmation and encouragement that would come from that action. Thank you for being obedient to the prompting of the Lord and if it wasn't a human...thank you Jesus for putting that symbol in my pocket. Your word to me was heard. I know that our church is in your hand and that I didn't need to reach out and take a crystal for myself...you would place it in my hand.

You are my Father, God of my heart, the lifter of my head.
Thank you Lord, I give you praise for Your tender love, care and encouragement. You give me wind to move forward in faith and courage.

Now I dare to dream for 6 more stars in my hand...

3 comments:

FCB said...

This is good. This is God.
What an encouragement, custom made for you. The way God meets each of us, in His custom craft way, never ceases to amaze me.

So glad we came to Blaze this year, once again the Master of Ceremonies showed up with His entourage of Faith, Hope, and Love,
driven by Angels of mercy. The delictable fruits were served up with the bread of sorrow and washed down with hot tears of repentance, and the dessert spread of joy was thankfully accepted.
What a banquet!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Eric- Blaze this year was something that I was proud to be apart of. I can't explain the presence of God when playing music, it was refreshing, it felt so right using the talents given to worship. Thank you for you're message on Friday night, thanks for everything this past weekend!

Anonymous said...

Bless you, Eric, for following God's lead, even when you didn't expect it, even when you didn't know exactly where it would take you. You have no idea what those steps will mean to someone's eternity.

As for the drama of BLAZE: I can't think of bigger dramatic moments than those in the Bible -- the parting of the Red Sea? -- people marching and shouting and praising God around Jericho until the walls were ripe for the onset of victory? -- the shouting of praise (we keep finding that reference of "shouting" in the women's Bible study I'm in right now) with dancing and cymbals and horns and stringed instruments? -- the death and resurrection and ascension of Jesus? I not only think God loves the drama of life-altering praise and learning sessions like BLAZE, I think He invented them! I haven't been there, but I've seen the life-altering changes in my son, every year; they last...