Monday, October 23, 2006

tithe your herbs


thithe your herbs
Originally uploaded by ericblauer.
Luke 11:42
But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Finally a tithe has come in of herbs. Some joker dropped this in the offering after listening to one of my sermons on how the priests of the new testament were devouring widow's houses with their extra-biblical teachings on giving. I had made a comment about how I never saw someone who believes in tithing and who quoted Luke 11:42 ever bring an offering from their spice rack at home...well now I can't say that anymore.

2 comments:

Michael McMullen said...

Haven't we always been taught to give our money and thyme?

He stole my idea by the way.

FCB said...

John McArthur's book on money and Mcgee's teaching on giving are both important reads to better understand giving.
Dad