Friday, November 17, 2006

Reasons to be thankful...


Burma danger zone
Originally uploaded by ericblauer.
Here is a current map of the military straggle hold that the Burmese's dictatorship has on the various ethnic groups struggling to flee and resist them. You can see that our KaRen friends left a dangerous and chaotic situation. Death, rape, forced labor and relocation, land-mines and various other dangers were part of living the IDP life (Internally Displaced People).

This year we will be throwing a Thanksgiving Dinner at Jacob's Well Church for anyone who wants to join us. So far we have around 60 people. It will be amazing to sit down with our KaRen friends and truly see gratitude and pure thanksgiving. Not unlike the early pilgrims must have experienced after fleeing political and religious oppression in their own homeland.

This holiday season we have the blessing of living out the heart of Jesus as expressed in Matthew 23:25 "I was hungry, and you gave me food to eat. I was thirsty, and you gave me drink. I was a stranger, and you took me in." We truly have much to be thankful for in this great nation and it's been moving to watch our KaRen friends discover that for themselves.

Please pray for my brother Matt and the team as they risk much to bring aid to these people during the holiday season. It is dangerous work and they need our prayers.

No comments: