Thursday, November 06, 2008

Good bye to a bromance...

Well, you wouldn't think by the looks of this damage from my recent accident...but the insurance company determined my Suburban to be "totaled". So basically my rig and I parted ways today in a sad ceremony in a cold parking lot. Me standing there mourning and yet remembering when my manhood was returned, the day I handed over the keys of our maroon minivan to the dealership and stepped into this beauty.

Oh the memories...no more pretending to drive like a man in the woods...now I have 4x4 power. No more shame, no more wondering if it snows if I can get out and drive. Yes, that was a good day indeed. Yes, there's nothing like pulling jet skiis, or driving with a canoe on top of your roof, or hauling stuff to the dump in a rig. Throwing your dog in the back and hauling about 40 kids with your elbow out the window and the country music playing...ah the good Inland Northwest life.

It was slightly shocking when they drove her out of the shop to allow me the chance to unload my stuff and say goodbye.But there she stood...her front end, topless. Her grill all torn open and her exposed lights sagging.. I felt like I was dropping her off at the pound.

1 comment:

Michael McMullen said...

Totaled? I've seen cars that are held together by dental floss, and those are still on the road. Was there some internal bleeding or something?