Monday, November 10, 2008

The Visitor...

In a world of six billion people, it only takes one to change your life. In actor and filmmaker Tom McCarthy’s follow-up to his award winning directorial debut The Station Agent, Richard Jenkins (Six Feet Under) stars as Walter Vale, a disillusioned Connecticut economics professor whose life is transformed by a chance encounter in New York City. Through new found connections with virtual strangers, Walter is awakened to a new world and a new life.

I really enjoyed this drama about work, music, people, immigration, love. It's the story about the awakening of a man from just existing to being alive.
Good stuff.

2 comments:

joey said...

mary and i watched that...
it really made me rethink my views on immigration......
good film

FCB said...

I almost picked that up last weekend but then thought I had better get something more cerebral like the Hulk or Indiana Jones.
What do I know?
I'll be getting it this weekend, looks really good.
Love Dad