Monday, November 17, 2008

Weekends movies...

LeeElla was away at a worship conference in Seattle this last weekend; so the kids and I watched three movies I've been wanting to see: Kung-Fu Panda, Get Smart and the new Journey to the Center of the Earth. We enjoyed all of them...but I thought Kung-Fu Panda was the best for sure. In fact I think its in my growing, favorite animated movies list, in no particular order: Robin Hood, Robots, Aladdin, RATATOUILLE, The incredibles, Shrek, Monster's Inc, ToyStory, Appleseed Ex-Machina, Titan AE, The Iron Giant, Ice Age 1&2, The Rescuers Down Under, An American tale, The Spirits Within...and more.

5 comments:

Todd Bacon said...

There is no charge for awesome-ness.

Andy said...

Jack Black is classic in this film. I have tried to explain that Po is the same guy as Nacho Libre, but my kids don't believe me.

Michael McMullen said...

An American Tale is a great movie. If you haven't seen it yet, definitely check out The Secret of NIMH. It might be a little intense for younger kids, but it is a great animated film. One of my favorite movies, animated or otherwise.

joey said...

All of those movies are great if you watch them once in a while, we watched the same 3 in the last couple weeks. However I don't think I can watch Kung-fu panda or Surf's up again for the next month or two.... Adam likes watching movies 2 or 3 times(Kung-fu Panda) and Zoe's new favorite is Surf's Up.
Mary

Anonymous said...

I thought there was wisdom to be found within this story...

"one often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it..."

"...there are no accidents..."

"...let go of the illusion of control"

"There is no secret ingredient..."

"...you just need to believe..."