Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Remembering....

“Something of God…flows into us from the blue of the sky, the taste of honey, the delicious embrace of water whether cold or hot, and even from sleep itself.”- C.S. Lewis



This little tour was deeply rich to me. I found myself breathing out tension in a way that reminds me of a walk in the warm summer woods. I was moved inside...to tears. I think it was the resonation that took place listening and looking at a personal reality that I cherish so much. Searching, truth, books, study, sharing with like-minded people on a similar journey, the restoration of important things and places. The intellectual pursuit of truth and ideas without losing the spiritual realities that illuminate the candle of thought.

I enjoyed it like a walk with a long lost friend, I suppose.

3 comments:

Mel said...

My mom and I just watched this great video. Thank you for posting it. I would love - LOVE! - to go to the seminar there at his house. My spiritual tastebuds are watering. :)

Unknown said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it...its a bit for nostalgic's...but that's me, so I liked it. Authors and books make up emotional memorial stones in my journey. Place along the way that I remember becoming more or enduring, hiding and escaping or carried by. Seasons that were frosted by the atmospheres of the authors worlds, people or ideas. Books and stories hit me like aromas...they take you places just in remembering them.

Anonymous said...

"we are all called to make a garden in each others lives, to make a garden in the desert, watering the dry places, giving flesh in the name of Jesus to dry bones...a glass of water when there is nothing to drink...good news"

- I just had a long impromptu conversation across a coffee bar with a man who lives this out daily, and we are truly blessed to know him, his family, and be a part of what God is doing right here in my neighborhood....

For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.
—Romans 8:14