Saturday, December 06, 2008

Clothed in His right mind....

"The Lord took hold of me, and I was carried away by the Spirit of the Lord to a valley filled with bones. He led me all around among the bones that covered the valley floor. They were scattered everywhere across the ground and were completely dried out. Then he asked me, “Son of man, can these bones become living people again?” “O Sovereign Lord,” I replied, “you alone know the answer to that.” -Ezekiel 37:1-3

My kids and I came out of our house and saw LeeElla talking to a police officer by our gate....not a uncommon occurrence around here. She informed me after their talk that he had a hypodermic needle that was found on the sidewalk next to our house. In moments like that you are again reminded that Satan is ever at work on your block....while you sleep, he is destroying lives right outside you son's bedroom window. the same sidewalk your kids walk back and forth on...that's an ominous feeling.

Finding stuff around outside our house is always interesting... theres been condoms, beer cans, clothes, vomit, garbage and now...a hypodermic needle.

I'm pretty sure that it came from someone using at the apartment that is two houses away from mine...the one that this week was visited by the police. This is yet another reminder for me to continue to pray, preach and practice a spiritually offensive life, right here on my block. I pray the Lord would allow us to see His victory over demonic spirits and expand and displace the strongholds that exist here. That the Savior of men and women who are enslaved by meth and other powers would display His strength in ways that produce a ripple effect of praise and plundering.

That the fear of God would invade these streets and replace the fear of darkness that creeps and mutters in moments like these. I pray and prophesy over these bones...and say: "Oh Lord, you know the answer..."

"People went out to see what had happened. They came to Jesus, and found the man from whom the demons had gone out, sitting at Jesus' feet, clothed and in his right mind; and they were afraid." -Luke 8:35

God make it so...

1 comment:

Mel said...

It breaks my heart... What you're seeing are so many evidences of the many ways people try to find ways to fill their needs, numb their pain, escape from reality, etc. We are such miraculous creations, and our bodies by their very design give glory to God. Seeing the way we fill these amazing vessels with garbage and waste and rubbish is tragic, especially when our Father is so eagerly and passionately wanting to fill us with truth and light and the treasure of Himself. Oh, Lord, may we all have eyes to see, and humble hearts that recognize that YOU are all we need.