Friday, December 26, 2008

Longing for Aslan...

Yesterday I spent about 4 hours raking and shoveling snow off the roofs of my house and garage. As I stood there on top of a ladder with an avalanche of snow descending over my head and onto my son below who was holding the ladder...I found myself getting tired of the cold and heavy grip of the White Witch of winter.

Today as I was preparing for Sunday in 1 Corinthians 11:26, I read this verse: "...You proclaim (preach) the Lord’s death until He comes."...I was moved by the part: "Until He comes". What hope is packed up in that verse. Like a flower in bud, yet to unfold, but in the right season it opens up all its beauty for the waiting world. I too am waiting for the return of Jesus.

Waiting, remembering, longing...for the return of Lion of the tribe of Judah...to end this very long winter.

3 comments:

MaryMGlynn said...

Eric, sorry its been so long since I have been on here. I had so much to do in HAIN at the end of the year receipts and such I was overwhelmed so figured I better pop in and say hello LOLOL Its really hard to keep up with everything so I stepped back and decided to get my bottom to work to clear some things up so I can get back to my regular blog visiting mode lol.. Anyway I hope you are doing well. I know the snow was ridiculous there. My sister lives there so I have heard.
Anyway be safe and I will be back to bug you later!

Oh yeah I loved this movie!!

Unknown said...

Yah, I thought you might have been collateral damage from the political season stuff. Good to see you are doing fine, missed your interaction.

MaryMGlynn said...

I am thicker then that. This time a year is so busy in our charity. I am addicted to blogs and find myself reading them way to often and never get anything done. So stepped back to get something done lol. My poor blogs and everything else was put aside for a bit.
Glad to hear your doing good. Keep safe in that white stuff ;)