Saturday, December 20, 2008

My Pioneer Woman...

I forgot to mention yesterday that LeeElla, was also tackling the blizzard load of snow...in fact she cleared the Police Substation parking lot for the men there...of course they didn't say thank you, but she did it nonetheless. I tried to tell her it was hard work pushing that machine through the ice and snow...but she was undeterred. But if you really know LeeElla she's a beautiful mix of qualities that would of made her the perfect Pioneer woman; a fact that she herself frequently mentions. I think we were both supposed to be born in the Wild West...but somehow ended up in this era.

So I perused some pics that represent the women of the West and these three capture perfectly that combination of:

Caring, industrious, godly, noble mother:Wild, tough as nails, take no guff, boot to the crotch, mountain mammaand the soft as silk, sultry, monogamous madam of my dreams.We make the perfect pair of urban church planters..,called by Jesus to raze some Hell...while being gentle as doves and shrewd as serpents. Couldn't do this without you babe.

5 comments:

Mel said...

Way to go, LeeElla! When I first met you, I thought you were the most beautiful woman I'd ever met, in every possible way. The longer I know you, and know of you, the more I feel that way. Your family and church are truly blessed to have you in their lives. Thank you so much for everything or yourself you pour into the lives of others for the glory of God. You are truly an inspiration!

Mel said...

Oops, I meant to say "everything OF yourself" not "or yourself." That'll teach me to post a comment without proofreading it first.

I also forgot to say, that picture of you is perfect... it captures more than just the beauty of your face... There's a bit of your spirit there, too. :)

FCB said...

Yep, she's a daisy. I felt blessed the day you found her. I think you may have understated her virtues, but it will suffice. One comment, who ever knows LeeElla knows she is very modest in her attire, she needs not reveal anthing but her personality to gain appreciation; and she has all of mine.
Love Dad

Serenity said...

yep, I would have to agree also. LeeElla would be a fabulous pioneer woman!
Good to catch up with y'all (I just can't help saying that now). I'm already wondering when we get to visit you guys again....
the snow looks beautiful! I kind of wish I was there, back at home, but then again, I'm really enjoying this 80 degree stuff. :)
Stay warm, say hi to the fam, and merry, merry Christmas!!!

Anonymous said...

wow...thank you for all the kind words. I was "one of the boys" growing up, a late bloomer of sorts. I enjoyed getting my hands dirty. Mowed lawns with dad, played football, softball and basketball with the boys, etc. I can wear heels and clean up pretty good now too, but still prefer my bare feet!!! :) - LeeElla