Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Eyes of the Storm....


Eyes of the Storm...Uncensored news from the heart of Burma is scarcely reported and this documentary is a must watch for everyone who loves the people of Burma. This news piece made me rethink of how I spend my life and how I use my resources.

As a church that took the missional name of Jacob's Well as a description of our life and mission; I see the imagery of a well, as a mobilizing directive. We are people of the living water and as those who have been revived by these eternal springs of restoration, renewal and resurrection; we are compelled to overflow into the parched and dead places of this world. Our internal springs of life, given by the grace of our Mission hearted God; are meant to quench our thirst as they spill out and over the deserts of these fallen lands. He has chosen us to be His living extension of His ongoing work on Earth.

"The afflicted and needy are seeking water, but there is none, And their tongue is parched with thirst; I, the LORD, will answer them Myself, as the God of Israel I will not forsake them. "I will open rivers on the bare heights and springs in the midst of the valleys; I will make the wilderness a pool of water And the dry land fountains of water. -Isaiah 41:17-18

This year at Jacob's Well, we commissioned a second Vision & Values painting to express our commitment to the mission of God among the nations of the world:
As I watched this documentary and was haunted with the sense of "Where are you God" in this horror...the answer is always returned...In YOU....and then the question becomes...."Where am I".

I pray that this year will be one of increased involvement and action in the work of love among the most needy of this God loved world. I pray we all will be able to answer the Lord with a humble and obedient response that reflects His heart in response to the needs of this age.

No comments: