Saturday, August 08, 2009

Swimming at the Magical house of Mary....

Monday night my brother Marc and I, enjoyed a dip with the kids in his neighbors salt water pool. If you have never swam in a "salt water' pool, you have to feel it to believe the difference. No chlorine smell, burn or parched out skin...just clean, smooth, soft water to enjoy. You can even open your eyes underwater and enjoy a pain free experience.

During the raucous romp in the cool waters, my little niece, "Lilly" and her friend "Ellie" and I had fun, jumping off the edge of the pool together. Lilly, the little blonde was extra sweet to me. She swam up to me in the pool and asked if I wanted to "jump off together"...as an uncle who doesn't get to spend much time with his nieces and nephews...it was a very special moment for me. Just hearing her call me "Uncle Eric" melted my heart...I would of bought her the moon, if she asked. If you click on the picture of her and I...you can see that we share almost the same color eyes...I thought that was cool.

"His (Elrond) house was perfect, whether you liked food, or sleep, or work, or story telling, or singing, or just sitting and thinking best, or a pleasant mixture of them all. Evil things did not come into that valley. I wish I had time to tell you even a few of the tales or one or two of the songs that they heard in that house. All of them, the ponies as well, grew refreshed and strong in a few days there. Their clothes were mended as well as their bruises, their tempers and their hopes. their bags were filled with provisions light to carry but strong to bring them over the mountain passes. Their plans were improved with best advice." -The Hobbit, JRR Tolkien

The pool was located by a glorious home, on a couple of wooded acres in the heart of Garden home...it's simply known as...Mary's house. Mary lives alone but she shares her haven in the midst of busy urban life, with her friends and family...it was a really special treat. My brothers place, buts up against her property and all you can see is a heavily wooded area beyond the fence that separates the two properties....except of course...a gate. There is always a wonderful gate between the known world and the one that beckons you. Once you pass through that gate...you enter a magical world of beauty.

Here are some wonderful pictures that LeeElla took of Mary's world.

No comments: