Friday, August 21, 2009

Turning to wine...

"May the LORD bless his land with the precious dew from heaven above and with the deep waters that lie below; with the best the sun brings forth and the finest the moon can yield; with the choicest gifts of the ancient mountains and the fruitfulness of the everlasting hills; with the best gifts of the earth and its fullness and the favor of him who dwelt in the burning bush. -Deuteronomy 33:12-16

I was told that these grapes that are growing in our Church Community Garden, had a few purple ones popping out. So today, I investigated, and sure enough, there were some that have turned purple. I have never seen any purple grapes on this vine before when it was on the metal fence. But today I plucked a lovely plum colored grape and ate it and it was delicious! I was so excited. I find myself praying for the Lord to bless this piece of ground...which is so Biblical and yet at times, seems strange to do.

But I am compelled to speak the words of the Lord into the roots, dirt, fruit, watered spaces, growing vines and ground yet used. There is so much to come in the days ahead....

No comments: