Tuesday, December 28, 2004


May the Lord answer you in the hour of trouble!
May the name of the God of Jacob protect you.
May He send you help from the sanctuary
and grant you support from Zion. -Psalms 20:1-2.

So often I long to be able to pray the above prayer for those who are in such desperate need but it seems so hollow in the face of such tragic loss and deep pain. It appears as meaningless as a band-aid on a severed limb.

More often I find myself praying this prayer...

My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
Why are You so far from saving me, so far from the words of my groaning?
O my God, I cry out by day, but You do not answer, by night, and am not silent. -Psalms 22:1-2.

In the face of such chaos...I feel so small, so vulnerable and helpless.
We can and should pray and give help and support and I will.
But above all, I long to live a life that brings light into darkness because there seems to be so much darkness that is suffocating us, these days... Posted by Hello

No comments: