Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Amsterdam on my mind


Here is my latest piece of art called...Amsterdam.
Inspired by my many trips there and a couple of my photos of her canals.
I am also pleased to see a slight Van Gogh influence as I look at this picture, I did not intend for that but looking at it, I can see some similarities. Which is fine with me since I love his style. I have been working at doing pieces that are not copies of other peoples work. It is much harder for me but I enjoy it far more. -eric

When I see young painters compose and draw from memory, and then haphazardly smear on whatever they like also from memory, then keep it at a distance and put on a very mysterious, gloomy face to find out what in Heavens name it may look like, and at last and finally make something from it, always from memory, it sometimes disgusts me and makes me think it all very tedious and dull. They can not understand that the figure of a laborer, some furrows in a plow field, a bit of sand, sea and sky, are serious objects, so difficult but at the same time so beautiful, that it is indeed worth while to devote ones life to the task of expressing the poetry hidden in them. -Vincent Van Gogh Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Experience, influence and inspiration. It's great to see your artwork. This one is easy to look at, in a good way. -Matt