Thursday, June 09, 2005


This is my current work in process, an acrylic painting. It is from a totem pole hidden away in downtown Spokane. I took a picture of it last year and loved the shot, so I thought I would paint it with my new paints. I have been wanting to paint with acrylics for a long time. So here is entry number one so far.
I hope to be a part of restoring the totem pole to its former beauty someday. Currently it is worn away, dull and chipped, so I painted it as it appears to have originally been. Why our city has allowed such decay on such a beautiful piece of art baffles me. It's a shame. It reinforces to me the cold indifference we seem to have as a culture to the First Nation people. It is a sin that I feel in my heart for some reason. So I do this piece in honor of those people who lived here before me, your work inspires me.
 Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now I am jealous; I have never painted and to see this just bugs me.
Dad