Sunday, June 12, 2005


Well, today Alicia graduated from highschool. Words cannot express how proud we are of her. It has been a long road full of ups and downs but watching her pass this hurdle was amazing. She is the first in her birth family to graduate and first in ours. Seeing God take this young woman out of hell and begin to fashion her into such a beautiful young woman has been so rewarding. Today made it worth the tears, trials and the sacrifices. Not that it has been all trouble, it hasn't, she is a gift from the Lord. She has been in our home for two years and in our life for about 6.
As I watched her today, I remembered going to her promotion in 8th grade. I remember watching her then and realizing that her birth mom didn't show up for it and how it was real important that I was there. Today I was really aware of how important that moment was for her life. We never know what kind of impact we will have on peoples lives when we say yes to Jesus. I would have never thought all of this was going to be apart of Gods plan when we decided to move to Spokane by faith. God is good.
I love you Alicia and I am so proud of your courageous faith and commitment to go forward when everything says to stop. You are a blessing that I don't feel worthy of receiving but am so thankful for. Congratulations girl, you made it.
 Posted by Hello

1 comment:

FCB said...

Ahhhh, what a great post. Congratulations to you Alicia, your beaming face speaks for you, and I wish I could have been there to watch on this glad day.
"God will rebuke the devourer."
Dad