Friday, June 10, 2005


My latest picture inspired by a picture I took of a horse statue in a water fountain that I saw in Lyon, France. I am starting to get addicted to pastels. The more I have been using them the more I am enjoying the interchange between paper and pastel. When smeared they feel like paint but dry. I am enjoying letting go of realism and not getting hung up on exact reproduction. Its like being told its OK to get muddy or jump in the puddle. Telling yourself its OK to explore, try, bend reality...its liberating...like burning bras...I guess.
 Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Michael McMullen said...

Uh, yeah...burning bras...that works.

Oh, art is sooo exciting when you let go like that.

Picasso once said "I was born knowing how to draw realistically. I've spent the rest of my life learning to draw like a child."