Tuesday, June 21, 2005


But Jesus kept silent. And the high priest said to Him, "I adjure You by the living God, that You tell us whether You are the Christ, the Son of God." Jesus said to him, "You have said it yourself; nevertheless I tell you, hereafter you will see THE SON OF MAN SITTING AT THE RIGHT HAND OF POWER, and COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF HEAVEN."

Then the high priest tore his robes and said, "He has blasphemed! What further need do we have of witnesses? Behold, you have now heard the blasphemy; what do you think?" They answered, "He deserves death!"

Then they spat in His face and beat Him with their fists; and others slapped Him, and said, "Prophesy to us, You Christ; who is the one who hit You?" -Matthew 26:63-68

For some reason I have been greatly moved by this passage of scripture in the last few days. Each time I read it (the last few sentences), I am moved to tears. My spirit reacts to it quickly. I think in part I identify with some of it on a deeper level. Jesus said that if we follow Him we should expect the same results. That is a part of living in Christ that we don�t hear much about but experience quite painfully the longer you walk this road, especially in ministry.

Misunderstanding, rejection, betrayal, anger, misrepresentation, verbal attacks, bitter sarcasm and continual challenge to who and what we are called to be, can be a wearying path.

I am feeling the spit, fist and slap in the face this year. I am not asking for sympathy, I am just stating what I am coming to see more clearly.

I offer it back to You Jesus�as an offering, given in pain but given nonetheless and I thank you for being able to taste an infinitesimal bit of your sufferings. You were a man of sorrows, acquainted with grief and I understand that more today than ever before. I pray I would be able to walk with such scars in a manner worthy of the one I seek to follow.

It was once said, We are the hands and feet of Jesus on this earth�but we are to remember that those hands have nail prints in them�they are crucified hands. Posted by Hello

No comments: