Saturday, June 18, 2005

Yikes...

"Come on, ye persecutors! ye false swearers! All hell, boil over! Ye burning mountains, roll down your lava! For I will come out on the top at last. I have more to boast of than ever any man had. I am the only man that has ever been able to keep a whole church together since the days of Adam. A large majority of the whole have stood by me. Neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did it. I boast that no man ever did such a work as I. The followers of Jesus ran away from Him; but the Latter-day Saints never ran away from me yet."
-Joseph Smith, Founder of Mormonism. 
 
Sheesh....get over yourself dude. Almost exactly one month after this boast, on June 27, 1844, he was killed by his enemies in a gun battle at Carthage Jail.
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was 'bout that time for him to meet his maker. -Matt