Friday, August 25, 2006

Know Me...


Know me...
Originally uploaded by ericblauer.
“My soul – never be satisfied within a shadowy Christ. … I cannot know Christ through another person’s brains. I cannot love him with another man’s heart, and I cannot see him with another man’s eyes. … I am so afraid of living in a second-hand religion. God forbid that I should get a biographical experience. Lord save us from having borrowed communion. No, I must know him myself. O God, let me not be deceived in this. I must know him without fancy or proxy; I must know him on my own account.” -Unknown by me

The birthmark of those born of God is this nagging, unquenchable thirst that gnaws on the soul from the inside out.

It certainly does not originate from the putrid human heart that would rather feast on the refuse of the sows pen then dine at the table of the Divine. It's own presence then signals an invasion, a holy planting of the desires of God in the dark soil of fallen man's spirit. It is a sign of hope that if God would choose to place the celestial embers of His own longings in our hearts than He will also blow on them until they become the flames that He purposed them to become.

So if you yearn, if you hear the VOICE, be it faintly or with the crack of sound like thunder...rejoice that You have become a part of the focus of His delight. It is evidence, not the only clue, but one of them, that He is drawing you into Himself. You are a victim of the plan of God, to be known by Him. He has chose to reveal Himself to you and the tremors of that revelation are the holy longings within your quaking soul.

"I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with loving-kindness have I drawn thee. Jeremiah 33:3

"Sound Bible exposition is an imperative must in the Church of the Living God. Without it no church can be a New Testament church in any strict meaning of that term. But exposition may be carried on in such a way as to leave the hearers devoid of any true spiritual nourishment whatsoever. For it is not mere words that nourish the soul, but God Himself, and unless and until the hearers find God in personal experience they are not the better for having heard the truth. The Bible is not an end in itself, but a means to bring men to an intimate and satisfying knowledge of God, that they may enter into Him, that they may delight in His Presence, may taste and know the inner sweetness of the very God Himself in the core and center of their hearts. -A.W. Tozer, The Pursuit of God

Be thankful this morning that you have been graced as the object of His desire and love. Be humbled by His mercy, that He would choose to awaken you to true life. Be encouraged, that your hunger is a sign that he intends to feed you...Himself.

2 comments:

FCB said...

Such a good post......

Donna said...

I agree, very good post. Cool and Refreshing....