Wednesday, August 16, 2006

What I believe...


luther
Originally uploaded by ericblauer.
The emerging church is broad, and one could argue that it defines itself by the center (Jesus) rather than the boundaries (doctrinal distinctives). I generally like this approach, but I wonder if it's worth drawing a few more boundaries while still holding to the center. To switch to a soccer metaphor, without boundaries, the ball is never out of play and the game gets a little silly at times.

In response to questions about what I believe, here is a detailed though not exhausted account on most of the major theological points: http://aburningbush.blogspot.com

In listing these, I do not expect everyone to agree, nor do I require everyone to agree with me. Most of our leaders have various thoughts about the secondary doctrines but on the core essentials we should be in agreement for the sake of unity, teaching and guarding the faith entrusted to us by our fathers (Jude 1:3).

I do not post these to divide but to clarify.

No comments: