Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Dylan...

Oh...what a ride. I wish I was around in this era...around people that got lost in their ideals, angry at the shallow end and stumbled over themselves as they tried to just be...without the labels. I know that wasn't everyones experience...but moments like these, where two generations are colliding, fascinate me. Sure there was so much wrong in the time...but man, when it was right....it was right on. I wish I could just sit down with Dylan and...I dont know...just watch him smoke a cigarette

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it was quite a ride in that era, and most of what was said was about as important as this interview. The sixties was a time full of questions, but few answers. Much was considered a conspiracy and few were trusted, that way of living wears one out. Now, I don't pretend to think I got everything that was going on then, but this video reminds me of the spirit of the times and it put me off then, and still does now.
I think a big reason I fell so much in love with Christ was that there was no conspiracy in Christianity, no agenda, just learning to love in a genuine way. Simple at the core, difficult to live, but so sweetly pure.
Love Dad

Anonymous said...

I like Dylan even if I feel sorry for the reporter. I don't care that he doesn't have all the answers, either of them. Dylan has some good questions and points in areas worth thinking about. All I can say that generation is they helped end the Vietnam war, so I give credit where credit is due. Dylan knows Christ and still asks questions. He's a poet, that's part of what they do. -Matt

Unknown said...

For me...the questions still remain...but the questioners seem to be absent.