Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Burma Cyclone...

The numbers keep rising, some projecting 50,000 people may have died in the storm that ripped through the Irrawaddy delta in south of Burma. Most of our refugee friends from Burma are from the Northern region of Burma. I do know a woman named Omar who is here from Rangoon, Burma and I know she has family there. I will be contacting her to see if she has heard anything from her family. The tragedy is immense and hard to come to grips with such a number who in one day are gone. The pain, suffering and horror can't be comprehended from the warm, sunny, cafe in our church that I write from. The hypocrisy of these soldiers who hand out aid to the suffering but shoot others in cold blood in the North is mind boggling to me. This world makes absolutely no sense. All I can pray is "come Lord Jesus, come quickly". You can send help here.
Post a Comment