Sunday, March 19, 2006

make room for me...in this time.

Our friend Gaz from Bournemouth England sent the song at the bottom as a part of an email to me today, little did he know the timeliness of it.

God is bringing about many new things in this season and yesterday I attended a city wide prayer meeting sponsored at the Spokane Healing Rooms. During that prayer meeting a woman gave a prophesy that she said was for a few people in the room. It had to do with the dead child and how we need to know that God was bringing back alive things that had died. That as we throw ourselves on those dreams and pray, God will breathe life back into them.

I was instantly moved by the Holy Spirit and began to weep in the prayer room. In a room full of old ladies, gray hairs and rag tag believers from every status of society it was slightly humiliating but the Lord weighed down heavily on me. I began to interceded through silent groanings and deep pain for the many young people that I have seen enter into spiritual death over the last few years. My father's heart broke and a deep well of pain and longing spilled out in hot tears of supplication without words. Wave after wave poured out of my scarred soul.

I knew that I had received that word...which means that I intend on acting on it not just hearing it. The difference in bearing fruit from a word is on whether or not we simply hear it or obey it. Those who act...activate the promise...those who hear only...will only hear other peoples stories of how it came to pass for them. There are countless "words" waiting for the germination of faith and action to set in motion the growth of destiny. Prayer is not enough...become the answer as far as your faith will allow.

I had told someone the other day that the spiritual pregnancy of 2005 nearly killed me, literally. It was a very hard season of brooding over the purposes of God. Much died, so that much could be born in this new year. Much was taken, so that more can be given.

"The children of whom you were bereaved will yet say in your ears, The place is too cramped for me, make room for me that I may live. -Isaiah 49:20

(Here is the song from Gaz, notice the parts he put in bold):

Out of the desert
Will come the rivers flow
into the cover of darkness
the brightest light will show
out of the womb of the morning
will come you youth like dew
AFTER THE PAIN AND THE GROANING
COMES CELEBRATION NEWS

Is this the time
Is this the day
the past behind
new life embraced
NO LONGER DESOLATE
LET THIS BE FERTILE GROUND
WHERE CHILDREN OF THE PROMISE ARE FOUND
WHERE CHILDREN OF THE PROMISE ARE FOUND

I hear the Lord say to my Lord
come sit at my right hand
until the enemies crumble
all under your command
all of your troops will be willing
upon the battle day
see now your army arising
in majesty arrayed

Is this time
Is this the day
the past behind
new life embraced
no longer desolate
let this be fertile ground
WHERE CHILDREN OF THE PROMISE ARE FOUND
-(godrey birtill - album - fertile ground)

No comments: