Wednesday, March 22, 2006

mouth of fire...

The word of the Lord came to me:
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you for my own,
before you were born I consecrated you,
I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

“Ah! Lord God,” I answered, “I do not know how to speak; I am only a child.”

But the Lord said, “Do not call yourself a child; for you shall go to whatever people I send you and say whatever I tell you to say. Fear none of them, for I am with you and will keep you safe.”

This was the very word of the Lord. Then the Lord stretched out His hand and touched my mouth, and said to me:

“I put my words into your mouth. This day I give you authority over nations and over kingdoms, to pull down and to uproot, to destroy and to demolish, to build and to plant.”

The word of the Lord came to me: “What is it that you see, Jeremiah?

'I see a rod of an almond tree (
in early bloom)”, I answered.

“You are right”, said the Lord to me, “For I am early on the watch to carry out my purpose.” (
Or I am watching over my word to perform it).
-Jeremiah 1:4-12

It is interesting to me that as Believers we focus on the “build and plant” emphasis of the above scripture but shy away from the “pull down and uproot, destroy and demolish” parts of the verse that actually precede the building and planting part.

We pray for change and then when God begins to go to work and bring about change we are surprised that He would start to demolish what needs to be torn down in order to build what needs to be built. We are shocked that he would dare think that there would be something in our fields that needed to be uprooted.

Isn't that really the height of pride though, I mean really, the surprising thing would be if He didn't destroy everything we have tried to build or grow. Are we so arrogant or self-assured that we think we have only built with gold, silver and precious stones and there was never wood, hay and stubble mixed in? The season ahead will test what we have built or grown and as He sets it on fire, we will see what is left.

I fear the Lord and submit what I have built to His hands and this season of fire. Let that which has been of me burn and that which is of You shine for Your glory like a house built of rubies, sapphires, emeralds, silver and gold!

Let the shaking begin and let there be a “sound/noise” (Ezekiel 37:7) in the field of dry bones. Let bone come to its bone so that the promised army of God might arise out of death and obscurity, defeat and concealment.

Arrows of God, Arrows of Victory ARISE!!!

Look! I have released a measuring rod like a staff and someone said: Get up and measure the temple of God and the altar and those who worship in it. (Revelations 11:1).

Listen! I have granted this day to be a day of AUTHORITY,  prophesy but in the spirit of sackcloth. (Revelations 11:3)

Look! Days come that will be a tilling of the ground…the ground will shake at the proclaiming of My words. I am bringing forward a word of witness and “Fire flows out of their mouth and devours. (Revelations 11:5)

The mouth of fire shall speak and that which is not of My Kingdom will be scorched.

No comments: