Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Official resignation

Last Sunday was our official resignation at New Hope Christian Center as Associate/Youth Pastors.

2006 is our ninth year at New Hope and we have decided that it is time to pursue pastoring in a lead role in the days ahead. Due to the complicated nature of this transition and the overexposed nature of this blog, I will not be posting much of our plans and thoughts about all of this.

Due to an administrator mistake LeeElla accidentally published a web page on my other site that contained ideas about the emerging plans, I have deleted all of it due to the problems it created among some people. If that offended some of you, I apologize for that mistake.

I would also appreciate anyone who is not supportive of the new steps we are taking to please just delete my blog and move on. Nothing good is going to come from hashing out issues or gathering information, gossiping or flaming the site.

My goal is and has been to try to move through this season with as much grace as possible and it is getting harder and harder to do that. So please for the sake of civility and unity let's just refocus our hearts and strengthen our hands on the kingdom plow we are called to push and work for His harvest with passion, vision and enthusiasm within our own perspective fields.

If you love your church, than honor it with your prayers, your time, your money and move on in anticipation of the future.

And to all the murmuring out there:

I have no ax to grind.
I am not seeking to split a church.
I am not angry or a disgruntled person.
I consider my time at New Hope a blessing from God and a fruitful season of labor in the Lord.
I bless New Hope and the leadership and pray for the Lord to grant them the desires of their heart for the future.
I love my Father and Mother in law and some of the other family...(just kidding) ;)
I am not recruiting for the future.
I have taken my hands off of everything and laid it all in God's hands.

I am at peace.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good words on Sunday, Eric. It truly has been an adventure, and so many life-changing blessings have come to my life through your and LeeElla's minestry. I definitely wouldn't be the woman and wife I am today, and though the selfish part of me hates to see you go, the selfless (God-willing) part can't wait to see you go:)

I think a lot of the time we forget that part of the role of a church is to raise leaders in the community, and sometimes that means sending them off to do the Lord's work elsewhere. Because you have both been such a vital part of the church, it's somewhat human nature to question a big change. But let us remind ourselves that we have not been praying about this, and you guys have put much prayer and thought to it. Like you said on Sunday, this type of decision doesn't come easy. So for me, knowing God's hand is on this, I've got to say, Go! Flourish! Heed the calling that few people are willing to hear, and even fewer are willing to take.

Perhaps we can take note that Pastor Lee and Donella had to leave a successful church in Oregon to start our very own New Hope, and we couldn't be more greatful!

I'm excited to see the manifestation of this call on your lives, difficult as the road may be, and know that you always have my love and support, as both family and friend:)
*Rach

Unknown said...

Wow...thank you Rachael, I can't tell you how meaningful that was for me to hear from you. You ministered life to me, thank you.

Anonymous said...

I sighed a giant sigh of relief late Sunday evening knowing that "resignation day" was behind us. It was a difficult day for all of us, particularly because we are family. (that would be because we love you, Eric & LeeElla!) We have considered our time together in ministry to be one of God's richest blessings in our lives. It has been an opportunity that few are given. Transition is not easily accomplished and can bring times of frustration, misunderstanding, & questions. Who said that following God's direction is always without any stumbling and lessons learned as we move forward?

May I express a few personal thoughts?

Your ministry here among us has helped to shape and grow this church family known as New Hope. We all love this place and the people who gather here! New Hope would have looked much different without you. Thank you so much for every sacrifice, sermon, your worship & music ministry, hours of prayer and counseling & all of the loving service given from your hearts to ours. If you listen carefully, you will hear a roar in the background...that would be the cheers & prayers from our family supporting you as you walk in the steps that God has chosen for you.

To your brother, Matt:
Believe me, Matt, the wake does not need to settle before Eric is remembered with fondness. He is loved & appreciated by both our family and our church family. I have heard so many words of appreciation through the years on behalf of your brother. He and his ministry have left their mark on our hearts. We continue to thank God for him.

Anonymous said...

Eric,

I understand that my recent blog has caused you emotional pain. For that I am sorry and I appoligize. I do believe that I could and possibly should have been more gentle and less personal in my comments. As you know, my comments were made after viewing not only your blog, LeeElla's blog, but the new web page "Jacob Well", that had been inadvertently posted. Your ministry has been a blessing to me over the years you have been at New Hope and I will miss you. I love you as a brother and wish you well in any endeavor you may invovle yourself in.

Your sister in law,

Sandi Hunt