Thursday, March 09, 2006

a vision

The wind was whipping across my face.
Dense fog and clouds hugged the coastline like ancient fires seeking to
cloak the shore.
I was in a boat, the waves crashing over the bow, the darkness giving
way to light.
I was not alone but I was first over the bow when the ship struck
ground.
Swords came shrieking out, shield strapped on my arm as I plunged into
the oncoming mass of men.
Up through the wall of opposition I fought, sword swinging, bodies
crashing into each other with fierce aggression.
Forward we pushed up the beach, slicing, slashing and plunging bloodied
steel into anything that stood in our way.
Like a mad river channeling its way down a mountain side we fought
towards the castle.
Great men apposed us, strong men sought to thwart us with steel and
stone but each one fell before me.
On through the great door, into the dark hall, kicking, thrusting and
swirling in a ever increasing path of death.
There he stood, a menacing lord, a dark force to be dethroned...the
prince who was to fall.
I slammed into him over the dead bodies of those who had violently
sought to hammer me down.
With a strong blow and side glancing move with my shield I cut him down
from the side.
He fell in defeat and I placed my foot on his head and pushed the crown
off his forehead with vengeance.
I turned and could see my own face...bloodied, weary, angry and
victorious

No comments: