Sunday, August 19, 2007

Lives that are changing...


"We sense that something magnificent is afoot. We are intrigued by the chaos. We are willing to risk significant change in order to create local expressions of the kingdom of God that are burning with missional passion and practice. We want to explore the meaning of the chaos, the vision of a preferred future, the challenge of being "church." John Frye

We had the honor or baptizing a dad, a mom and a teen daughter this weekend at our church campout.
It was an awesome moment in a beautiful place...a truly holy moment. Yet again, I find myself so grateful to the Lord for allowing us to pastor a church, share lives, make memories together, see Him at work in so many different ways and be able to do this day after day. I am humbled by His mercy and grace. Nothing better than serving the God you love with the friends and people you love in a city you love.

3 comments:

Michael McMullen said...

It was an awesome moment. The perfect end to a great weekend.

MaryMGlynn said...

I love going to baptisms.. I think to me when I see them you feel a since of closeness and its just awesome!! Mary

Anonymous said...

I agree with Mary, there is something so special, such expectation, such hope.
Praise God for new hope.
Dad