Wednesday, September 26, 2007

What I have set on my TV digital recorder


Bionic Woman: The pilot was a good first look at this promising retelling of a childhood fave. I look forward to seeing if this series holds up.
What is with all the new buff chicks wearing tight black matrixish body suits?

KID NATION: I didn't think I would like this, but I did. At first it seemed a bit cruel but then I realized that my reaction was a byproduct of our soft culture sensitivity forced-education seeping through. Buck up you sniveling knee-biters and get out there and see that you can survive without mommies cookies and tv. I dig it.

SURVIVORMAN: More tame than Man VS Wild but a little more realistic too. I watched a recent behind the scenes show and they showed some clips of a cobra in a nest that they almost got bitten by...it was intense. Real stuff, real dude, real good.

HEROES: Eh....well, I loved the first season, but the first show this season was...ok. Come on flying boy hovering outside teen girls window...every boys fantasy but not good tv. I hope it picks up.

PRISON BREAK: This show is getting tired but I liked the last season...but how much can you do with a show called Prison Break...before breaking out is boring. We will see.

Battlestar Galactica: This is the show I cant wait to see this season.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I watched Kid Nation last night and I thought it was a hoot! Not only was I engaged in the action, I was so impressed how mature the children were. I kept thinking, "if this was survivor, there would be endless bickering and plotting. This particular segment was nearly free of it and they had such positive attitudes.
Loved the drama surrounding to kill or not to kill the chicken.
Of course the country boy is thinking, 'let's get er done, what's the problem?'. I have to admitt, as a father I wanted to tell some of the kids to go back inside and get a coat on, but all in all they made adult decisions as well as most adults I know.
Loved it.
Dad

Anonymous said...

What? No mention of "The Unit"? I missed the Bionic Woman unfortunately, and I really wanted to see it. Heroes is mucking it up a bit, but I'll let it ride a while to see how they handle it.