Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Quiet my soul...

"O LORD, my heart is not proud, nor my eyes haughty; Nor do I involve myself in great matters, Or in things too difficult for me. Surely I have composed and quieted my soul; Like a weaned child rests against his mother, My soul is like a weaned child within me. O Israel, hope in the LORD From this time forth and forever. -King David (Psalms 131)

This is a gentle reminder that I must take advantage of the peace providing work of embracing God, as He embraces me in these times. A weaned child doesn't need the breast anymore but is still on the chest...out of love. Resting in Him, no matter what is or may come ahead. He is suffecient for all that we will face. He is the God who sleeps in storms. That's not indifference...it's a promise of a path of peace to walk upon in this earth. It's an invitation, a hint, a dare...to trust him so completely that we could chose slumber over panic.

I choose to quiet my soul today...He is able and willing to carry us.

Painting is "Mother & Child" by Gustav Klimt, 1905

No comments: