Monday, September 14, 2009

RUDY....

So I am sitting in the ER at our local Sacred Heart Hospital waiting for some tests results concerning my wife who is laying in the bed and I hear something mechanical sounding coming down the hall. I turn and look out the door and there roaming the halls is Rudy. I was almost overwhelmed with a rush of 1977 giddiness. I snapped this picture to forever memorialize the moment when I first saw a real life robot at work in my day to day life. My inner sci-fi Twig was gushing with an overwhlming sense of history being made.

Sure it wasn't:
...but it was a Robot nonetheless...I have offically lived to an era that I lived only within my early child fantasies.

Now if I could only get ahold of a M41a Pulse Rifle....

3 comments:

MaryMGlynn said...

I heard about this on the health network. Cool you actually got to see one.
Hopefully it didn't do the exam lolol Joking.
Cool

Michael McMullen said...

That. Is. AWESOME!

I totally gotta see one. I totally gotta. I'll bring a synthesizer to really heighten the experience.

Dude, images of Short Circut, Flight of the Navigator, Star Wars (of course) and Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo, for some strange reason, are all flashing through my mind right now.

This must be what nirvana feels like.

Anonymous said...

Too cool for school dude! (Lols HAIN, that would be frightening "my mission is complete" *shudder*)
I hope that all is well, keep us posted on the results.

your family is in my prayers,
*Cole