Monday, February 21, 2005

100 things about me...



Born Frederick Christian Blauer the 4th on Aug. 28, 1970.
In Maryville, California.
Virgo.
Some of the places I have lived: Boise ID, Tangent, Corvallis, Bend and Portland OR.
Sometimes a procrastinator.
I miss Powell’s books in Portland, OR, I think a tear formed as I entered the last time I was there…
I could care less about sports.
Once was called “Howie” as a nick name.
I go to bed early and often rise early too.
I have a few close friends and know way too many people.
I weighed 170 when I was married, 15 years ago and weigh 240 now.
I snore.
I am really love the Lord Of The Rings and try to work it into too many sermons.
I write letters to the editor of the local paper.
I didn't graduate from high school but I did get my high school diploma through a community college program.
I am proud of the above accomplishment and not just getting a GED.
I was raised by a vegetarian mother who cried when she saw me eat a hamburger.
I love chick-a-sticks, butterfingers and skittles.
I enjoys collecting and reading books, especially the feel and smell of old books.
I've never seen someone die.
I have broken my right wrist trying to kick two balls at once.
I have had my heart broken by 3 girls that I really loved.
I love cats more than dogs but I don't have a cat, but I own a dog.
I eat a lot of toast with peanut butter.
I like to lift weights but I am not doing that now.
I've been to France, Holland, England and Norway.
I have a heart for foreign missions in Western Europe.
I own a tobacco pipe that I bought in Norway.
My first concert was KISS.
I really like the rain, especially when its really misty.
I still get way too many zits.
I don't know any foreign languages.
I used to wear three earrings.
I want a tattoo but have not got one yet.
I own a 1969 Mustang that needs a bigger engine.
I burn lots of incense (patchouli)
People who chew with their mouths open irritate the heck out of me.
I can't really do much with my hands and it bothers me to death.
I want to go to Thailand where my brother lives.
I make a mean breakfast.
I love no-bake cookies the best, thanks to Grandma Peggy.
I watch way too much TV.
I am the oldest of three brothers, whom I wish I could see more often.
I can't seem to get too excited about much of anything.
I love Starwars movies…a lot.
I really like heavy metal.
I really, really like Judas Priest.
I don't have a lot of cash.
I have been known to read at stoplights.
I miss the Grotto in Portland, OR.
I can draw and paint but don't.
I love the Dutch people the best.
I love gardens but suck at anything that requires a green thumb.
I have never won anything.
I want to be an author but won't write a book.
I preach a lot but never went to Bible College.
I had a dog as a child named Dusty that was killed by a UPS truck.
I love leather jackets.
I have a good collection of Tarzan books.
I hate mowing the lawn.
I love Bob Dylan music but own only one cd.
I got fired at my first job for turning in someone for selling drugs at work.
I love swimming in rivers the best.
I can't stand most Christian music on the radio.
I read the paper a lot.
I have a picture of Marilyn Monroe in my study.
I hate legalism.
I really dig Sheryl Crow.
I think Catherine Zetta Jones is a babe and my wife knows it.
I wish I were a Viking.
I love dark beer.
I don't like vegetables.
I am really sensitive to caffeine, it makes me angry.
I like earth tones and black clothing.
I think gothic chicks are sexy.
I really love fantasy, sci-fi and action movies.
I wish I had a degree in something.
I have a fish.
I have owned a snake.
I am a pastor.
I am a big Seinfeld fan.
I can't dance.
I have lost too many really good friends too a cult.
I was a part of a really awesome home church that turned into a really nasty cult.
I am really squeamish and can throw up really easy.
I own way too many pairs of shoes.
I love art.
I want a drum.
I have been married almost 15 glorious years.
I love pizza.
I love poetry and have written a lot myself.
I did a lot of drugs as a teen.
I want a big sword.
I have 5 kids.
I struggle with joy.
I was allergic to sugar and milk as a kid.
I didn't get a license until right before I got married.
I've never seen any Austin Powers movies.
So I Married An Axe Murderer is one of my favorite movies.
I shave my head regularly. Posted by Hello

6 comments:

Scott Patershall said...

Thanks for sharing. Sorry about your dog. Austin Powers movies are a waste of time (good job avoiding that). I feel the exact same way about not being able to do much with my hands and it bothers me to death as well. I laughed hard when you said that you got fired for turning someone in for selling drugs! I like sports a little bit, but my friends think that I am a supremely gifted athlete.
Peace, P.

Michael McMullen said...

If you like heavy metal, check out East West. Their album The Light in Guinevere's Garden roxors.

Check 'em out, you won't be disapointed.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tip Mike...and Scott, um...supremely gifted athlete...hey, bro, I was there at the last hoopfest buddy. ;)Just kidding.

Anonymous said...

My favorite was "I wish I was a viking." There really couldn't be any nobler aspiration as far as I'm concerned.
Neue

Unknown said...

Yah...a Viking, the only thing that really sucks about my life is that I can't grow a really good head of hair anymore. That really puts the nail in the coffin for the Viking look. I can grow a really good beard though but it just doesn't go over that well in this home. Come on! Every man should be able to grow a beastly beard once in his life. I am still holding out for the miracle cure for baldness and if it comes, I am growing my Viking mane.
Then when I return to Norway and ride on the ocean I can feel real cool.

Anonymous said...

Now you all know the 100 reasons why I love this man!!!...okay maybe minus a few like Marilyn in his study and the other chics that are sexy to him. Gee...I wonder if I should make my own list and be sure to include the incredible Antonio!! (touche)- The Wife