Monday, February 21, 2005

Roughing it...

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

Mark Twain is one of my favorite authors, there is something about him and the way he writes that moves me. I am reading his book called "Roughing it" and have laughed out loud, which I don't do that often. It's a book about his first travels out West to Nevada and so far it's been a great read. His description of sage brush and jack rabbits are amazing, especially if you have ever lived around them. I know that doesn't seem that interesting but for me the way he writes captures simple things in unique and often hilarious ways.

No comments: