Wednesday, February 23, 2005


Some of my Favorite Things:
- reading good books
- buying good books
- clean laundry room
- europe
- receiving real letters in the mail
- fresh dark coffee
- pictures
- a clean house
- patchouli incense
- snuggles with Micah, my youngest son
- big Macs, Tokyo teriyaki, Mongolian food and pizza
- the view from the top of Mt. Schweitzer ID on a clear day
- the smell of caves
- finishing a good book
- my suede coat that I bought for around $8 at Value Village
- long, hot showers
- emails from people that matter
- our suede comforter
- early summer mornings
- warm and mellowing summer evenings
- reading while it is raining with the window open to hear the sound
- picking blackberries
- finishing a poem that captures what I feel
- the smell and sound of the Pacific ocean
- being somewhere else with my honey
- fishing streams
- spending hours at Powell’s Books in Portland OR
- swimming in deep, clear water
- going to the movies
- The Lord of The Rings books and movies
- summer camp with our youth church
- my fathers garden
- when home is quiet because everyone is doing something productive
- worship with our youth church
- the sound of birds in the morning
- a good rock song
- a good worship or praise song
- a good video game
- chess
- freshly mowed lawn
- drawing a good picture
- a good kiss from my wife
- good red wine with a good meal
- a dark beer with good friends Posted by Hello

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have learned to enjoy the beauty of this world that God made for us, not himself. His message of love is found in many, many things and the more we listen, the more we discover that He is everywhere. You, God, are found in the silence and in the storm. In my child's eyes and in my long, hot shower. Seems strange, but God makes sure he speaks to me in ways I can understand. I am blessed....we are all so blessed that he takes the time to reveal himself in the "donkeys" and in the more angelic things of life. - LeeElla

Anonymous said...

I love whatever it is that prompts us to remember all the wonderful things that you listed Eric. It is so inspirational to read and reflect and remember. Nearly all you listed is free, saving the investment of time and love. Nearly all listed is available to all whether pauper or prince.
Yesterday at Carissa's birthday party at Oaks Park Skate rink, I, by the influence of the wise, was able to drink in the abundance of simple pleasures that abounded. A fist skate session with Dre'Sean and Raleigh, a birthday skate with Carissa and the overall ambiance of wholesome recreation. Ah, the simple things.....
Dad