Monday, August 04, 2008

Dark Knight


dark_knight_pic1.jpg
Originally uploaded by ericblauer.

I thought it was amazing...blew the first one out of the water to me.
I have a few complaints:
-Not enough good hand to hand fighting.
Like this kind of fighting:
-Two-Face situation could have been developed better.
-Batman's Cycle looked cool but didn't look fast in some shots.
-I wish Batman would have been as good as the Joker was evil.

I wanted to cheer at more parts like when Batman flipped the Semi...that rocked, but most of the time I found myself cheering for the Joker. Can you think of one other bad guy in film history that was as creepy and memorable? I can't. I wish the Elf prince in HellBoy 2 was developed as much as the Joker, I felt he was a great villain. But all in all...its the best movie I have seen in a really long time in that genre. I agree with this review here.

4 comments:

joey said...

My son and I both thought it was the best comic book adaptation we had ever seen....
That's not saying it's the best movie ever made.... but quite amazing!

Anonymous said...

Honestly I agree that the acting done for the joker was supremely better than that of Bale's job with Batman. I'm surprised he got the role again, I hope they pick someone else next time. Bale has done some good flicks but he just isn't suited for this role in my opinion.

joey said...

huh?
he is great in the role...
yes, his performance does not match of the ledger's joker....
but few performances in the history of film do...........

Michael McMullen said...

I'll agree that Bale in this one wasn't up to what he was in the last one. However, he is still better than anyone else who has played the role. I honestly don't think they payed as much attention to what Batman did in this one, as this was clearly Ledger's moment.