Friday, July 09, 2004

John Kerry on Abortion

"I oppose abortion, personally. I don't like abortion. I believe life begins at conception. But I don't take my Catholic beliefs, my article of faith, and legislate it on a Protestant, on a Jew, or an atheist who doesn't share it. We have separation of church and state in the United States of America." - John Kerry
 
Kerry's voting record backs up this belief (though the part about life beginning at conception is new). He voted against the partial birth abortion ban six times. John Edwards has a similar record on abortion. NARAL Pro-Choice America, the lobbying arm of the abortion rights movement, called the Kerry-Edwards ticket "a dream ticket for a woman's right to choose." (From: http://www.brianbaute.com/2004/07/john-kerry-on-abortion.htm)
 
Just another reason why I would have a hard time voting for this guy...

 

No comments: