Friday, July 09, 2004

The perfect woman...

God help the man who won't marry until he finds a perfect woman,
and God help him still more if he finds her.
-Benjamin Tillett
 
LOL...this made me laugh when I read it.
I have been married 14 years as of July 7th.
I got married when I was 19 and I am almost 34.
Getting married was the best thing that has happened to me next to meeting Jesus and having kids...Anyone who tells you marriage is death to living, has never been really alive.
 
How fair you are my love, how very fair!
You have ravished my heart and given me courage with one look from your eyes...
Your lips O my bride, drop honey as the honeycomb, honey and milk are under your tongue...You are a fountain...a well of living waters and flowing streams...
Love...it's flashes are flashes of fire, a most vehement flame (the very flame of the Lord!) (scriptures taken from Song of Songs)
 
You burn me lover, you scorch me...here's to another 14 years of fire...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well Eric you guys are one year ahead of us but we've got you by a day...my wife and I just celebrated our 13th anniversary on July 6. Actually we're still celebrating as we're in another city celebrating away at this Internet Cafe. I like your blog.

Greg at suppliants@yahoo.com and at
http://suppliants.blogs.com/pura_vida