Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Last nights Community Dinner...

We served around 80 dinners last night and about 20 of those were to neighborhood visitors. Fo some reason we had a lot of people come to dinner last night that had never come before or ever been to the church. It was cool to see people utilizing our clothing area, eating food, meeting one another and even checking out the church meeting area. It's was a madhouse of activity, the kind you pray to see unfolding. I kept looking at the food to see if we were out...because the prep people had seemed to make a little under what we normally might serve, so I was a tad nervous. We are trying to do these dinners via donations, sharing and little cash if possible, so what comes in, is what we try to utilize, sometimes its more or less. In fact, I didn't eat anything, hoping that it would stretch for all. I heard someone pray over it and joke that God would have to multiply it....I really think he did. I kept going up to the counter to see if we were out...and there was always just a little more there. By the end of the evening...we had one plate left for neighborhood delivery, which the rain persuaded me to can. Not sure if that was a food miracle...but it was weird...

1 comment:

Mel said...

God is good, and His goodness shines especially meaningfully through on-going stories like this one. :)