Saturday, April 29, 2006

The Road goes ever on and on...

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.

And whither then? I cannot say.
The Road goes ever on and on
Out from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
Let others follow it who can!
Let them a journey new begin,
But I at last with weary feet
Will turn towards the lighted inn,
My evening-rest and sleep to meet.

Still round the corner there may wait
A new road or a secret gate,
And though I oft have passed them by,
A day will come at last when I
Shall take the hidden paths that run
West of the Moon, East of the Sun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey bud...I am glad you see the positive inside this tough season. I know that is all I have to look at and see that it is enough. When are the dates, the 26th and 27th of may? I want to come...I think it is something I need to do as well. I fear I ran too quickly and too far. I know that such actions may have caused rifts that may never mend but all is worth the effort. I would love to bring Sara but I think this is a road I must face alone...for the time being at least....plus I don't know where she would stay. Heck I don't know where I will stay but I will figure that out when it comes.

Proverbs 19:21 NIV Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.

Proverbs 16:3
Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed

Jeremiah 29

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity. [b] I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."

I hope that encourages you. It does for me. I miss you and I hope to see you at blaze.

Ty