Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Can a heart sing again?



This mother is holding her dead child. That little baby could have been saved...Malaria killed another child and my brother caught the tragedy on film. Don't let that death be in vain...let's do something.

I delivered the poor who cried for help, and the orphan who had no helper. The blessing of the one ready to perish came upon me, and I made the widow's heart sing for joy. -Job 29:12-13

I wept in this starbucks on the otherside of the world at the sight, but my tears mean nothing if they do not motivate me to action. Compassion without action is the height of hypocrisy...and God will judge me on the use of this moment and this picture.

1 comment:

Matt said...

You weep with her. And as someone who witnessed it go down, she aprreciates your concern. She is not a statistic, we are not uncaring, and we can reach outside our comfortable lives. I'm brainstorming the projects I know of that I think you will be drawn to...