Friday, June 23, 2006

Caught in the very act...


prost2
Originally uploaded by ericblauer.
Woman, where are they?
Did no one condemn you?
She said, "No one, Lord,"
And Jesus said. "I do not condemn you, either.
Go.
From now on, sin no more"
-John 8:10-11

This Sunday I will be continuing a series of messages on "The Upside Down Kingdom". This message will be called: "When God turns His face" and it will look at the woman caught in adultery in John 8:1-11.

I truly believe that you cannot "Go. And sin no more" unless you first deeply understand and experience the freedom of "Neither do I condemn you".

I am so excited to preach this message, I am almost giddy! I really sense the power of God all over this word, I know that it is going to blow open some prison doors and let loose many who have been in bondage to guilt, condemnation and law.

Jesus walked into the streets of Jerusalem at dawn and on His way to the temple to teach. His message would be about mercy and grace that day for He would liberate a condemned woman from death. But on the way to the "court" more than likely he passed the very house in which the "act" was being done. The scriptures says she was caught in the "very act".

Jesus walks past our homes too...what will we find when we are brought before the judge and thrown at His feet? What do we deserve and what will we find? Knowing the answer to those questions can set you free to...Go and sin no more.

"We believe that we are saved through the grace of the Lord Jesus." -Peter in Acts 15:11

I believe it too, Peter...Amazing Grace, so sweet is the sound...

No comments: