Sunday, June 18, 2006

Turn the world upside down...

You christians look after a document that contains enough dynamite to
blow all civilization to pieces, turn the world upside down and bring
peace to a battle-torn planet. But you treat it as though it is
nothing more than a piece of good literature. -Mohandas Gandhi

Oh this quote crawled up my neck and strangled my throat in
penetrating introspection. Our cities stand as witnesses to the lack
of true faith in this "document" we read but don't act on. Our cities
will stand up in judgment against us and point to our impotence of
obedience to the call of the gospel.

Even Jonah saw revival...the only pagan city I see in scripture that
came to God...and the prophet didn't even want the job.
Simply obedience to the word can shake a nation. The neglect of
it...can send it to hell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey EB....Sorry I haven't gotten in touch sooner. wedding, work, laziness...you know the excuses. I wanted to get your new address if I could (email it to me) and wanted to ask you to pray. My good ole trusty rusty truck is falling apart so I am putting into faith believing for 4000 dollars to get something decent that won;t break down. Where two or more are gathered...ya know. I miss you guys and love you man. I hope all is well with jacob's well no pun intended. see ya buddy.

ty

Unknown said...

I think you need to get a "chariot" like nacho Libre has...you would rock on something like that.
My prayers are with you.